It’s time for a Social Media Audit.
When was the last time you reviewed your social media strategy?
Do you even have a strategy? Or have you been posting just to post, inconsistently, without any sort of plan?
All good marketing starts with a plan. If you don’t have one, you need one.
If you do have one, you need to understand what you’ve been doing and how well it’s been working.
When it comes to social selling, that means doing a social media audit. Hearing the word “audit” might send shivers up your spine, but don’t worry. This kind of audit is well worth the time and effort. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be daunting.
There are common elements to all social audits, regardless of the platform. These six steps cover the core social strategy components you need to be on top of.
- Your Profile: Are your images clear and professional? Is your bio compelling?
- Your Posts: Are you posting regularly? Is the content interesting? Is the frequency right for the platform?
- Your Formatting: Do you have your posts customized for each channel? Are you using the appropriate tools for that platform?
- Your Tools: Do you have a way to track and analyze your progress, such as Google Analytics?
- Your Competition: Are you reviewing what your competitors are doing and figuring out what’s working for them?
- Your List: Are you capturing leads to build your email list?
See? It’s not so hard. With these easy steps, you’ll have a better sense of how your social media strategy is moving you toward – or away from – your company’s goals. One final thought to add — potential customers are online every second of every day looking for businesses to meet their needs. Are you visible? If you’re not, it’s time to do something about that, whether you take the DIY route or work with a team of professionals. Whatever you choose, make sure you audit your social media strategy. Just putting thought into it will yield positive results.
Need help with your social media strategy? Let’s talk: Schedule a Discovery Call to get started today.